Origins Mega Mushroom Continued....

Have you tried any of the Origins Mega Mushroom Range?

In my last post I talked about the Mega Mushroom Serum. I wanted to talk about the other products that I got in the set, but use occasionally rather than daily. The products come in a sturdy dark green plastic, the pot could easily be mistaken for glass. It's not dressing table worthy, but it does look good in the bathroom cabinet.

The cleanser was the most disappointing in the set

First up is the Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Face Cleanser, unfortunately my skin really didn't agree with this product. The ingredients sound more like a delicious Chinese dish than a cleanser! It contains Cordyceps Mushrooms (anti-ageing), and Reishi Mushrooms which is full of ganodermic acid and ling zhi 8-protein which are anti-inflammatory and help regulate the immune and circulatory systems. Ginger, Holy Basil and Turmeric are also antiseptic and full of anti-oxidants (great for acne), whilst Licorice Extract is anti-inflammatory. 

Honestly, the ingredients seem like a mind field of soothing and cleansing, they just don't seem to mix! I wouldn't say it's effective at removing makeup, and honestly seems to make my skin more red and irritated. I may possible be allergic to one of the ingredients but all I can say is it does not work for me.

This was probably my favourite out of the set.

The Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion on the other hand is a little miracle worker. It's super soothing and relives my angry irritated skin, and unlike the serum it smells beautiful! There is something zesty and earthy about this which make it a pleasure to apply, I would actually use it as a home fragrance if it was an option (maybe even perfume). This one contains Hypsizygus ulmarius, Cordyceps and Reishi mushrooms along with Ginger, Holy Basil and Turmeric, and I have no problems with it at all, in fact it's amazing. Again it's not so much a makeup remover, but it's lovely and hydrating, so I tend to use it as a treatment when my skin needs a bit of TLC.

Do you like earthy smells with a zest twist?

As I mentioned in the last post, the Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream is what convinced me to buy the set. It smells a lot like the toner and has the wonderful soothing effect on my skin. Again it contains mushrooms...the Hypsizygus Ulmarius and Chaga mushrooms are particular mentioned, but another star ingredient is Narcissus Lily Bulb optimises skin's defences and fights against ageing (I couldn't find any more info). The moisturiser is lovely and creamy, it's provides just enough hydration for my dry-combination skin, and leaves a satin finish that's not overly shiny. The only thing I would say is that it does not completely absorb into the skin, so I use it at night and wake up with wonderfully soft smooth skin in the morning.


The cleanser is £27.50/150ml, the toner is £27.50/200ml whilst the moisturiser, is £50.50ml making it pretty pricey stuff! If I where to buy any full size it would defiantly be the toner, but if your looking for treatment products over everyday, try and get your hands on a gift set (they usually come out at Christmas). I think this is a definite try before you buy, so if you are considering try in store first.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Bloglovin

Kat's Beauty Tales

Instagram