In Times of Great Stress....

Do you find photography relaxing?

'In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive' (Lee Lacocca)

I've been having a hard time lately. 2014 was an eventful year for me, although great things happened so did many bad things that just left me feeling a bit down and hopeless. I believe we decide our own fate, but I don't believe we have complete control over it. At the new year I was hoping things would be less turbulent for me, I thought surely things can only go up from here. However that has not been the case.

More episodes of bad luck and unfortunate events have left me disappointed with myself. I haven't been able to start the year as I wanted, I'm feeling drained of energy and unmotivated. The one thing I have been able to keep up is this blog, and I'm quite proud of that. It may have only been 17 days, but I haven't missed a post. On the days when I'm feeling down and just want to curl up in my duvet, I've found picking up my camera and snapping away a few pictures for this blog. I will be honest when I'm feeling like this it reflects in my photos, it's the clicking and the angles I find stress reliving, not the resulting picture. 

So in relation to this quote, i'm not angry and I have little energy, but I am trying to turn my stress into something productive. It may not result in my best work, but it keeps me going and happy. After isn't that what a hobby should do?

I would love to hear about all your experiences, and how you cope in time of stress. Do you have any hobbies that help?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Bloglovin

Kat's Beauty Tales

Instagram