L'Occitane Body Moisturisers - Would I buy?

What's your perfect body moisturiser?

I mentioned in my last post I have been getting into running, and one of the most motivating thing is coming back to some luxurious body lotions and potions! After being so impressed with the L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, I decided to dig out some body lotion samples out of my draw (they give me so many sachets when I head into the shop!).

The first one I tried was the Rose et Reins Body Milk, the lotion was white and milky with the slightest hint of pink. It was very watery and cooling to apply and the little sachet went a long way and practically covered the who of my body. The scent was absolutely lovely! This is something I would choose for a date because it is very powerful and seductive. As you can imagine it smells of roses, 4 to be exact from Grasse, Bulgaria, Morocco and Turkey. The fragrance pays tribute to the daughters of the Count of Forcalquier who where told to be as beautiful as the roses they cherished, and became known as the Rose 4 Reines as they all went on to marry kings. I love a good story behind a product, and this lotion not only smells amazing, but absorbs nicely with no stickiness and leaves the skin baby soft.

The Ultra Rich Body Cream is the body version of the Shea Butter Hand Cream I reviewed in April. It contains 25% Shea Butter which makes it extremely hydrating and protective to the skin. The cream is very thick, and unlike the body milks the formula does not stretch as far and takes longer to absorb. Like the hand cream the texture is very rich and luxurious and it has the same kind of musky old fashioned smell. Personally this is not something I would splash out on, but if you suffer from dry or damaged skin, or would like something more intensive for knee, elbows, etc this would certainly be good for you!

The Almond Milk Concentrate has apparently been voted the best cellulite treatment and promises firmer, smoother skin with 48 hours of hydration. Of course I only gave it one go so I can not comment on the effects, but I can tell you it was lovely to use. Like the Rose et Reins Body Milk, the lotion is white, milky, cooling to apply and a little go a long way. The smell however is lovely and sweet (like almonds) and this was also my boyfriends favourite, it is really refreshing and lovely after a work out. I found it extremely hydrating and my skin felt a lot softer after using. I would love to buy it but it is soooo expensive, it would make a great gift for someone. 

The Rose et Reins Body Milk is £20/250ml, the Ultra Rich Body Cream is £32/200ml (worth it if you suffer from eczema etc) and the Almond Milk Concentrate is £38/200ml! I would love to try more of the L'Occitane Body Moisturisers as they have an impressive range with some lovely sounding scents...I honestly don't know where to start! I do know that I need to get myself down to L'Occitane.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Bloglovin

Kat's Beauty Tales

Instagram