Chapter 2 - Confessions of an Old Romantic

From Disney BluRays to expensive jewellery, there are many ways to spoil a girl!

So here is another chapter to let you get to know me a bit better.

So I decided to tie in this chapters theme with the ever approaching Valentines Day. Valentines Day is like marmite, people either love it or hate it. As somebody who's heart flutters at novels and films (especially disney films), Valentines Day is something for me to look forward to.

I can't tell you why I get so excited at the idea of romance, what I can tell you is that fluttering heart feeling is also something I feel in everyday life. I have an extremely sweet and lovely boyfriend, who spoils me rotten with things I don't even ask for, just to make me smile. The idea that fairytales don't exist in real life is something I agree, my life isn't that interesting that I know evil witches and talking animals, but I don't feel that should stop me feeling the way I do when I read/watch a fairytale, in my everyday life.

My gorgeous boyfriend buys me a bunch of roses, why not let myself feel swept of my feet. Life is to short to not to! I can imagine this post is annoying some people, or may not be nice to read if your not or do not want a relationship so I won't go on much longer. You get the drift, I live slightly in my own world, and why not?

I'm no relationships expert, but I do feel I can give some advice for the upcoming holiday. 

1. Don't put down a good or sweet gesture, just let yourself feel flutters. 

2. Don't be disappointed if you where expecting more, just accept that some people don't see it as a big deal or can't afford for it to be (I have set a strict budget of £10 this year as we are saving for a deposit)

3. If you don't have a partner do arrange to do something with a friend a treat each other so you can still feel treated and special (love comes in many different forms).

4. If the idea of valentines day makes you want to crack jokes at the soppy people enjoying it, then do if it makes you happy, just try not to offend anyone.

So there is more to me then just being an old romantic but I will reveal more next month. I think this is enough for you to digest for now. I have been told I'm quite a complex person!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Bloglovin

Kat's Beauty Tales

Instagram